As of mid-2020, the news from Scottish Voices includes two special recent and forthcoming events:
(1) A recent visit (in April 2019) to Virginia in the United States, to perform and to record further items for issue on another Ravello CD in due course.
(2) the forthcoming issue of our next CD on the American label Ravello.
This CD contains works by Scottish, American and Australian composers for cohorts of up to 8 voices, a cappella, accompanied by organ (Kevin Bowyer, organist) or by electro-acoustic sound:
- Graham Hair: Colours (3 voices with harp, vibraphone and chamber organ);
- Graham Hair: Lament for Hagia Sophia (8 voices and electro-acoustic sound);
- Bruce Mahin: Sonnetas (4 women’s voices and organ);
- Bruce Mahin: Melancholy Sonnet (4 women’s voices and vibraphone)
- Jonathan Stephens: The Guarding of the God of Life (4 women’s voices and organ);
- Jonathan Stephens: Paean (organ solo);
- Edward McGuire: Celtic Knotwork (3 women’s voices a cappella);
- Alistair MacDonald: Salutation (harp and electro-acoustic sound);
- Tom Hall: the map has been barely marked (4 women ‘s voices and electro-acoustic sound);
- Nicky Hind: The Well (3 women ‘s voices and electro-acoustic sound).